What do Summer Programs look like in 2023?
Starting June 26, The GreenHouse is offering five weeks of Summer Camp and internships for elementary kids and teens. Here's a taste of what our summer programs will include:
- Relationships. Kids and teens build deep relationships with caring, consistent adult mentors and friends.
- Field trips. Summer is a great time to explore the rich diversity of our surrounding community! Groups take trips to explore nature, visit museums, go to bounce houses, and swim in the pool (keeping cool in the Sacramento heat!)
- Hands-on Learning. Youth mix and measure in cooking projects, build STEM designs, conduct chemistry experiments, and join the library reading challenge.
- Internships. 10th through 12th graders complete forty hours of job skill training through internships, including Photography & Digital Communication, Culinary Arts, and Recreation Leadership with teens and with kids, using their gifts and skills to benefit the broader community.
- Creativity. Summer camps incorporate all kinds of art projects and activities, ranging from clay to stop motion video making to paper mache!
- Connecting with God. Teens meet weekly in the evening for prayer, Scripture study, a meal, crazy games, and community. And THIS summer we're going to a 2-day overnight camp, complete with campfires, rafting, canyoneering, and an opportunity to connect deeply with the Creator of our beautiful world.
Access to high-quality, supportive summer programs makes a powerful difference in kids' lives.
Join us in having a real impact this summer!
Please consider becoming a 2023 Summer Sponsor. When you give $50 or more, you will receive a thank you picture from GreenHouse youth in our summer programs. Thank you for your partnership in ensuring that local kids and teens have the opportunity to grow and thrive in GreenHouse Summer Camp this year!